Wednesday, 18 February 2009

Ra Ra Riot @ KCLSU

The most recent Ra Ra Riot album might have been my favorite new artist album of 2008. Yes I know they already had few albums out and weren't a new artist but hey I'm loose on the criteria. The KCLSU venue was great, lots of energy in a pretty compact space. As a bonus they had a nice lounge area with great city views too.



They played a relatively short set but managed to squeeze in a new song and a few old ones. Also think they got everything off of The Rhumb Line in too. The cellist and violinist on the Oh, La were amazing. I'm pretty sure if you want to get teenage boys involved in the orchestra the way to go is bring them to a Ra Ra Riot show. There were more than a few cat calls for the cellist and I'm pretty sure there were several teenagers in the crowd that would have walk through hot coals and broken glass to be her roadie.



More pics after the "read more"














No comments: