The Black Angels were in good form Thursday evening at The ULU Barfly. We were there early and up front for the opening act The Movement Brothers. TMB was a little contrived for me and seemed to have about 4 more people in the band than they really needed. The Black Angels played some old song and a lot of new stuff.
Throughout the set they continued to all switch up instruments and enjoy playing different roles on several song. The only downside to the gig was them losing track of time and only playing one encore. I'm sure from the crowd call outs we missed what would have a been a raucous version of "Manipulation". I've decided that if you can work a second drummer into the mix it's always a good thing(see The Dodos, Sigur Ros etc-and yes I know I just etc'd several peoples favorite band ever)and in the Angels case it helps that one of their drummer happens to be fiery blond that plays as had as any drummer I have seen since The Black Keys show this summer.
More pics after the link...
The Black Angels

The Black Angels drummer
The Movement Brothers lead singer
The Movement Brothers
The Black Angels drummer>
The Movement Brothers lead guitar player

No comments:
Post a Comment