Caught an in store with the Department of Eagles last night at Rough Trade West. I wasn't very familiar with their music but a friend had me buy it while he was in town recently so I thought it would be worth the trip down the street to check them out. We got to the gig about 20 mins early and ended up at the very back of the crowded room downstairs. The set was short but impressive. They played about 5 songs all acoustic and I think mostly from the new album "In Ear Park". The crowd was about 40 strong all packed into the basement of Rough Trade so it was an intimate experience to say the least. After having a listen to the album again I'm becoming a fan. It's along the lines of Bowerbirds, Elvis Perkins, Bon Iver, etc. I took a few photos but it was literally wall to wall and from the back there wasn't much to be seen. A few additional pics I took after the read more link.

No comments:
Post a Comment